This Trader Joe’s risoni made with chickpea flour and red lentil four is a really good rice substitute that uses the starchiness and chewiness of legumes as a perfect stand in for rice. You can easily make this in boiling water, and its fiber rich nutritional profile is a good way to fill yourself up without things like rice or potatoes. In general, legumes are one of the healthiest ways to get protein and fiber into your diet, so give this risoni a shot if you haven’t had it before!………….
- 170 calories per serving
- Net Weight: 10.58 oz
- Organic, gluten free chickpea and red lentil risoni
- Ingredients are organic chickpea flour and organic red lentil flour
- 10 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber per serving
Trader Joe’s Risoni Made With Chickpeas and Red Lentils
There are a few really good rice substitutes at Trader Joe’s, but this is among the healthiest and best tasting with a really good texture to it. What is everyone’s favorite recipe or way to use this risoni? I’d love to hear super unique or creative recipes that incorporate this gluten free rice substitute. I had always heard that legumes were a really good healthy replacement for rice or potatoes, but don’t think I had ever even heard of risoni until I tried this Trader Joe’s version. If anyone has a favorite non TJs brand risoni, let me know! And if you can’t make it out to TJs, check out these products…..
– Trader Joes Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli Pasta Gluten Free – 2 Pack
– Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Risoni (6 Pack) – 10.6 oz – Easy to Make Gluten-Free Pasta – High Protein – USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher – 16 Total Servings – 30 Total Servings
Other posts and links you might like…
Trader Joe’s Hummus Chocolate review