This Trader Joe’s impossible burger ground beef substitute is amazingly similar in texture and look to real ground beef meat, bleeds when you cook it to mimic meat, and has a pretty good flavor to it. Now that the new versions of Impossible Burgers are made from plants using soy protein, they actually hold up when you grill them, or really any way you want to cook them like a regular burger. Not surprisingly these don’t exactly give you a beef flavor sensation, but it does feel like you’re having meat, especially when you grill them or use them in things like chili. ………….
- 240 calories per serving
- Net Weight: 12 oz
- 14 grams of fat per serving
- 19 grams of protein per serving
- Ingredients are: Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% Or Less Of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Mixed Tocopherols (Antioxidant), Soy Protein Isolate, Vitamins and Minerals (Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12).
Impossible Burgers at Trader Joe’s
Trader Joe’s now carries their own Protein patties that are different from these impossible burgers, but this is probably the most popular of all national brand meat substitutes. How would everyone compare these Trader Joe’s impossible burgers to other brands they’ve had? If anyone has a great recipe they use with this Impossible burger meat, let us know! And if you can’t make it out to TJs, give these items a try…..
– Impossible Burger 2.0 Plant Based Meat Patty (1/4 lb, Pack of 40)
– Impossible™: The Cookbook: How to Save Our Planet, One Delicious Meal at a Time