This Trader Joe’s Fruit wash is a super effective and healthy way to clean all the chemicals and bacteria off your fruit and vegetables. You only need to use a drop or two if you are washing one piece of fruit or single vegetable, and it really does work. If you use the bath method where you add some fruit wash to a bowl and rinse multiple pieces of fruit or vegetables you can see the water turn a darker color from all the junk that this wash removes. And it’s non toxic and at under $4 it’s priced significantly less than a lot of natural grocers that sell similar products. I’m not entirely sure how necessary this is compared to water or soap, but it definitely can’t hurt…..…….
- Removes waxes, pesticides and chemicals from fruits and vegetables
- Net Weight: 16 oz
- Non toxic, no animal testing
- Ingredients are purified water, natural cleansing agents (derived from coconut oil and corn oil), grapefruit seed extract, lemon orange extract
- How to use Trader Joe’s Fruit Wash for individual pieces of fruit or vegetables according to bottle: “Apply a few drops directly to your produce, massage for 30 seconds, and rinse thoroughly with water.”
- How to use Trader Joe’s Fruit and vegetable Wash for bulk washing according to bottle: “Mix approximately 1 tablespoon per 32 ounces of water. Add produce, swish up to 30 seconds; use vegetable brush if needed and rinse thoroughly with water. One tablespoon of TJs Fruit and vegetable wash with 32 ounces of water can wash approximately 10 pounds of produce.”
- Apparently this also works to wash makeup brushes!
Trader Joe’s Fruit and Vegetable Wash
This Trader Joe’s fruit wash is a very cool product and supposedly even removes makeup from makeup brushes if you soak them in it. If anyone has had success in using this vegetable wash for other thinks like makeup brushes I’ve love to hear about it! What is everyone’s go to fruit or veggies for using this wash? Are there certain ones you don’t use this on all the time? I’m always torn with avocados since you are only eating the inside. But I always read about how your knife can transfer the bacteria from the outer skin to the inside flesh so who really knows. Trader Joe’s Next to Godliness is the official product line name that’s on the bottle in case you were wondering. I like these other fruit and veggie washes if you can’t make it to TJs……
– Veggie Wash All Natural Fruit and Vegetable Wash Sprayer, Pack of 3, 16-Ounce Each (654972157)
– Trader Joe’s Fruit and Vegetable Wash – 2 Pack