This Trader Joe’s petit fours dessert with opera cake is a sweet and delicious dessert with 12 different frozen mini cakes. You can easily defrost the entire tray of cakes and have them with tea, set them out for a party or just dig in to them while you’re standing over your counter (my preferred method!). Petit fours (small oven in French) are a super fancy dessert that in this case is probably more about the presentation than the actual taste. Each of the three cakes are rich and have a nice texture, but I wouldn’t say any of them blew me away. The opera cakes are my favorite of the bunch, but the macaron aux framboises was also really good…….…….
- 80 calories per bite of Opera Cake
- Net Weight: 9.16 oz
- Contains 4 bites each of Trader Joe’s Opera Cake, Macaron Aux Framboises cake and Caramel and Chocolate Cake
- Trader Joe’s “A dozen sweet bites ” is TJs take on petit fours
Trader Joe’s Opera Cake, A Dozen Sweet Bites Dessert
When you’re eating these petit fours make sure to take them out of the container they sit in before you defrost them or they can be hard to get out. I especially love opera cake and this is a good little version of it. What is everyone’s favorite cake bite in this dessert? If anyone has made little petit fours or a full on opera cake recipe before, I’d love to hear about it! This is one of my go to desserts when I’m having people over. Let me know your favorite frozen Trader Joe’s dessert in general, especially any other ones that might fly under the radar like this one tends to do. And if you can’t make it out to TJs, give these items a shot…..
– European Cookies Kirkland Signature with Belgian, Chocolate, 49.4 Oz
– Opera Cake w/ Layers of almond sponge cake are filled with coffee buttercream and rich chocolate
Other posts and links you might like…
Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread review